Where Do I Find Werewolf Totems in Skyrim?
In order for players to unlock and find Werewolf Totems in Skyrim, they must complete the Hircine Quest offered by the NPC, Aela.
How to Get the Hircine Quest in Skyrim
In order to take the Totems of Hircine quest, you must first be a member of The Companions Guild and a werewolf. After you’ve completed some quests for Aela, the Totems of Hircine quest will be available. Aela will talk to you about the Totems of Hircine and say she’d like you to join her in retrieving them.
Totems of Hircine is a long quest that will take you across Skyrim and through dungeons. Once you have a totem, Aela will be back at the guild. Fast travel to The Companions and speak to Aela, who will have more animal extermination quests for you.
Once they’re done, she will give you the second/ third part of the Totems of Hircine quest. Although you can play as a werewolf, these totems allow you to activate abilities that further enhance your werewolf experience.
How Many Werewolf Totems Are There?
These are the available Werewolf Totems in Skyrim:
- Totem of Brotherhood — which summons two werewolf spirit companions.
- Totem of the Hunt — which allows you to see targets through walls, basically shows whether a target standing still, searching, or is actively in combat. This is especially useful if you’re playing on harder difficulties.
- Totem of Fear — which is a howl that scares enemies away for a short period of time.
How to Get the Totem of the Predator and Totem of the Hunt
As you level up, your beast will unlock various perks — some are passive, and others will only work alongside the howl totem you equip. Such as the Totem of the Predator perk, which extends the range of the Totem of the Hunt.
How to Get the Totem of Brotherhood and Totem of Terror
- Totem of Terror is paired with Totem of Fear which enables you to scare away higher-level enemies.
- Totem of Brotherhood pairs with Totem of Ice Brothers to summon Ice Wolves.
Once all these have been upgraded to the Totem of the Moon, you’ll be able to summon two werewolves to fight by your side — how awesome is that!
How Do You Change Howls as a Werewolf in Skyrim?
To change your howl, head to the Underforge under The Companions base, where you can change your howls through prayer. You are able to change into your werewolf form once per day unless you have the Ring of Hircine which allows you to change as often as you’d like.
I hope this guide explaining how to use Werewolf Totems in Skyrim has been useful and you have learned all about the Totems of Hircine.